Let’s just say that my week was so stressful dealing with so much crap that I am unhappy to report that the only things I did for myself this week is I made sure I did my T25 Challenge, I drank my Shakeology, and I made a reservation for dinner on Saturday night.
That was all I could do. Drama. Chaos. Changing lives. Changing minds. Surprise out-of-town guests. Crying. Screaming. Slamming.
I don’t want to give the impression that nothing good or great happened, but it was deeply overshadowed by the bad.
I did manage to use my certificate from Sports Authority (a previous #5Things4Me goal) to finally buy the new sneakers I desperately needed, but if I’m truly honest, it is because they sent me an email that if I didn’t use the coupon that it would expire in 3 days. That threat got me in there faster than normal. I managed to buy $115 Asics for $22, and now I have little pillows I walk on. I kid you not. Best $22 ever spent anywhere. Working out and walking my dog are a pleasure again.
So now onto the #5Things4Me challenge for this week, and it’s going to be a challenge. I have many, many things to do and take care of — I can already feel myself hyperventilating and my neck tensing up. Seriously.
1. Talk to more people outside my family. Once I get into my head, it’s hard to get out. I get really quiet the more stressed I get, so actually talking to people will make me stop the head swirl. After picking up my daughter from a birthday party last night, I noticed I felt less stressed because the couple is really funny. Oh, and they invited me up to their ocean view rooftop for a slice of VG’s cake. Truly, though, it was the husband’s wit that got me through the rest of my evening.
2. Listen to my meditation CD at least 3 times. I am supposed to listen to my CD 7 days per week but that’s an hour a day! It makes me more energized so it can only be listened to during prime hours of the work day, and I usually can’t spare it. During the summer, I did it for a month straight and felt fantastic. I need it this week, so I will do at least 3 times.
3. Write a blog post that is original. I have only been writing the #5Things4Me and the “What I’ve Noticed Today Is…” posts. I am pretty sure I have a blog post about something else in me, so that’s what I’d like to do. Yeah, throw more pressure on me during this stressful, overbooked week–that’ll be just great!
4. Unpack one box. This is kind of embarrassing but here goes: we had a built-in removed and in its place, a wall. I think that was back in December. My husband put all the items located in the cabinet in boxes, and those 3 boxes have been in my office sitting in the corner for 9 months. They have been there so long, I don’t see them anymore. One lonely box is going to be handled this week.
5. Increase my weights while working out. It is clear to me that I need to move up in the weights for my workout. I am no longer sore after a workout because my weights are too light. It appears I enjoy the feeling of being sore. Shocking. This week, I will move up to 10 lb. weights. Woohoo!
Well, that’s it for this week. How about you? Do any of these goals resonate with you? Why not join in the fun and share with SemperFiMomma and me what 5 Things You’re Going to do for yourself (#5Things4Me on Twitter) on your own blog, and then post a link on SemperFiMomma’s blog. Let me know that you did so I can go steal your ideas for next week — I mean, ahem, read what you wrote.