A friend of mine gave me this idea inadvertently. I was standing in the shower wondering how I could get myself on a schedule of writing because honestly, I’ve been struggling. I decided that I could do a Top 5 list like one of my Facebook friends and at least Friday would be handled. But don’t worry, I won’t be taking up other days of the week with Thirsty Thursday, Wordless Wednesday, or Taco Tuesday. You can exhale now knowing the only list will be on Fridays.
As I struggle to find my muse (where is she?!), here’s this week’s list:
Top 5 Reasons I Hate Going to the Doctor
5. I have to shave every single hair everywhere lest my doctor accidentally cross paths with my cactus legs. All this effort for so little action.
4. I walk in with 500 questions and cannot remember a single one when she comes into the exam room. As soon as she’s left, I remember all of them but she’s already closed the door to another patient’s room. (I know I should remember a printed list but usually forget to bring it).
3. Maybe it’s nerves but my stomach is always upset when I got to the doctor’s! It gurgles, churns, and makes one really embarrassing noise the doctor has never heard before and she tells me so.
2. It’s hit-and-miss with the nurses. Sometimes they’re extremely nice, and sometimes they’re like the gal I had yesterday.
1. And the number one reason I hate going to the doctor’s is that I always weigh more there than at home! After struggling so long to lose weight with Hashimotos, I’m always sad that none of the Herculean effort is coming through (down a whole pound from the last time I was there–weehaw).
There you have it, folks, the Top 5 Reasons I hate going to the doctor’s. Don’t get me wrong, there’s more reasons than that but those are what I could come up with while in the shower. Maybe that’s where my muse has been hanging out!