I’ve managed to keep these posts of lists going so there’s that, but I wanted you to know I am really writing real stuff, too. I entered a writing contest where I have to create a short story (1500 words or less) and submit it to a group where it will be critiqued (yeeikes!). I’m really not looking forward to that part because I’ve read some of the other submissions and they’re really, really good. Mine shows that I haven’t been doing much writing practice (I am not being humble, I’m being honest).
So, without further ado, let’s get to today’s list. It was inspired by real posts from today.
The Top 5 Facebook Posts I Hate the Most
5. The posts where there are literally hundreds of vacation photos. Not sure if people use Facebook as photo storage, or??? Who the hell wants to see every single photo from someone’s trip? Just give me the highlights, please, and not the blurry highlights (I’m so fussy today!).
4. The posts about Hillary where they’re so wrong that a quick trip over to Snopes shows they’re not only not valid rants but from 2007. Ugh.
3. And, of course, the posts about how great Trump is and how terrific his speech was. I find these posts particularly offensive because Trump is a dangerous, uneducated, and calculating fraud of a man. #NeverTrump He scares me and what scares me even further is how many people he’s convinced that he’s not a narcissistic psychopath.
2. Vague posts where people are asking for prayers for some reason but won’t say why. You want privacy? Don’t post your life on Facebook!
1. Wishing their mom/dad/dog/cat a happy birthday saying things like, “You would have been 150 years old today but you’ve gone to the Lord.” Seriously? I understand missing a parent. My dad died when I was 16, and I was devastated but I don’t wish him a happy birthday on Facebook because a.) he was never on Facebook, b.) he’s dead so he’s probably not very happy even though it is his birthday.
What are the top 5 Facebook posts you hate the most? Is your list similar to mine? Please, Trump supporters need not apply.