You know? I had a hard time coming up with a list this month that wasn’t something snarky about our HOA but I’ve since mellowed and decided on a Halloween theme because, well, it’s nearly Halloween and I’m stuck going to a party tonight at a museum where I will only know my husband. A night at a party where not a soul but my spouse is known is a Nightmare on My Street any day of the week. As an introverted introvert, I’m in purgatory all day long while I wait for the party to start. I have not selected an outfit because I probably don’t really have one. I have mom clothes. I have Realtor clothes. I have work-out clothes. I have hanging out on the cul-de-sac clothes for every season.
I don’t have going-out-to-meet-stranger clothes.
With that being said, I will focus on the sweeter things in life, and especially around Halloween–candy. Here are my Top 5 Favorite Halloween Candies of all time in no particular order:
5. Candy Corn–A definite favorite of mine that goes way, way back to my childhood. I’m not sure why I like them so much because they’re not chocolate but I do. I definitely do.
4. Smartees–Again, not chocolate but I love these so much, especially the purple ones. Even on our recent trip to Universal Studios, I grabbed a bunch from their Candy Shoppe to savor on the long trip home. I’m an adult with a kid living in her belly.
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups–I wish I could eat these (several of them) on a daily basis with coffee, as a healthy snack, as dessert for both lunch and dinner, and a sitting-in-front-of-the-TV mindless treat. I buy these in any form for every holiday including the peanut butter eggs for Easter and the peanut butter trees for stocking stuffers. Yum.
2. Milky Ways–These are a surprise because I used to say Snickers were a favorite but not anymore. I love the ooey gooey goodness of the Milky Way and only in the milk chocolate version, please. I don’t like the extra dark although I’ll eat them if they’re the only thing left at the bottom of a kid’s Trick or Treat bag.
1. Twix–These are a late addition. I don’t think I preferred them all that much when I was younger but after the kids started going door to door for Halloween treats, I would pounce on their haul as soon as they went to bed. I became quite the candy connoisseur.
And there you have it, folks. What are your favorite Halloween candies?