Today is the day I am finally going to write my Gratitude Journal #3. I don’t know if you noticed or not but I skipped last week. I didn’t mean to, it was just a busy week with my birthday and Christmas. I still thought about what I was grateful for in my mind but I never wrote it out.
My birthday was quiet but it figured prominently in one of the things I’m grateful for. Without further ado, here are 5 things I’m grateful for this week:
- My new sauna was put together on my birthday as one of my presents. I loved the sauna at my gym so much that I asked for one for our home (and canceled my gym membership). I received it back in August and it just sat there taking up room in my garage in its giant crate. The only excuse for not putting it together I have is it’s been too hot to do anything, and especially in the garage. This past week has been much cooler so it was a perfect time to get it assembled. I’ve used it nearly every single day since 12/20. The benefits of sauna use for your health are unreal. You can listen to Dr. Rhonda Patrick talk about sauna in this video. (NOTE: if you’re reading this at work, Dr. Patrick’s video starts immediately, so turn down your speakers before the boss hears ya’!).
- The app called NextDoor. I hope I haven’t mentioned this one before. I really should read what I’ve written in previous weeks but I guess this is supposed to be what I’m thankful for this week, and if it’s a repeat of last week or the first week, then it’s a repeat. From the app, I learned of a charity called Stand Up for Kids. It’s for homeless kids. I remember when I first arrived in California, I was watching a news program about adopting a foster child who was homeless. The boy who was being interviewed was talking to the reporter with tears streaming down his face but he didn’t seem to realize he was crying. This memory can make me cry every single time I think about it even though it’s been nearly 30 years. If I could have adopted that boy, I would have. I’ve always wanted to be a foster mom but my husband doesn’t want the same thing so I have to help as many kids as I can in any way I can. Through Stand Up for Kids, I can offer them my daughters’ barely used clothing and buy things like shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, undergarments, and other clothes. I’m taking over my first load today.
- Twitter has become my best friend because my other real friends don’t share the same passion about Trump as I do (for the record, I do not support Trump or anything/anyone who supports him). I follow writers, comedians, actors, and everyday people who have the same concerns about our PEOTUS. I’ve learned so much about the US and its laws through Twitter. I’m thankful for Twitter as an outlet for my frustration and horror. It sometimes helps my anxiety, and on other days, it makes it worse. No matter, though, it still made it to my list of things I’m grateful for this week.
- Beautycounter’s Citrus Rosemary body oil. I would never have believed that a body oil would make it to this list but I absolutely crave this stuff. I’ve even remembered to apply it at night before bed which is unheard of for me. I use it almost daily. I never would have bought a body oil, especially as one as expensive as this one, but I got it after spending a certain amount of money at Beautycounter dot com, or I signed up to be a Band of Beauty customer and got this as a gift with purchase. Oh, who cares how I got it? Now I love it and will have to spend some $$$ on it. A lot goes a long way, though, so I imagine this bottle will last quite a while. The citrus smell is so warm and comforting. The rosemary makes me want to be a better person.
- I am so thankful for all the rain we’ve been getting. Our yard is still not done thanks to my laziness, the HOA, and the landscaper being slammed. The landscaper dropped off some of the plants in our yard two weeks ago and I haven’t heard another word from him. I get it, he’s got more work than people to work, and the rain didn’t help him but the fact is that I have all these plants I have to take care of now. Nothing is on the sprinkler system or the new automatic drip system. I was just about to have to go out and water ever single plant individually when it poured like crazy. It seems like it almost is time again to think about watering the plants but it is supposed to rain again this weekend (here’s hoping).
That’s all for my list for today. I know nobody is reading this, and I get it–I didn’t read your Gratitude Journal either!!